Mar 9, 2005
Haddonfield, NJ
This was in the comments section:

"Sponsor / Railroad:
New Jersey Seashore Lines (NJSL)
Project Name:
Tie Renewal Project to serve an Aggregate Transload Facility
Project Scope of Work:
Description of the Proposed Project: In order to provide new freight rail service to (initially) two new freight rail customers at a new aggregate transload facility; New Jersey Seashore Lines (NJSL) proposes a tie, switch and bridge timber renewal project on 13 - miles of main track, and repairs to one (1) undergrade wooden bridge to gain access to the transload facility. This work is necessary to support the movement of heavy - density aggregate traffic. Detailed Scope of Work of the Proposed Project: Tie, switch and bridge timber renewal: 1. Remove nine thousand, three hundred sixty (9,360) old ties and properly dispose of them off site; 2. Furnish and install nine thousand, three hundred sixty (9,360) new grade ties; 3. Remove five (5) sets of old switch timbers and properly dispose of them off site; 4. Furnish and install five (5) complete sets of new switch timbers for Number eight switches. All new timbers will be a Grade #5 quality; 5. Furnish and install five (5) new switch stands, complete with new rods and latches. 6. Remove two (2) unused switches and straight - rail the track; 7. Tighten or replace (as necessary) all loose track bolts; 8. Utilizing an on - track Tamper, spot - tamp the track to level as effectively as possible, without performing a complete surfacing project; 9. Utilizing an on - track Broom Regulator, broom the entire 13 miles of track; 10. Remove all old bridge timbers on one (1) undergrade wooden bridge and properly dispose of them off site; 11. Furnish and install all new bridge timbers on one (1) undergrade wooden bridge; Bridge repairs:
NEW JERSEY DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
BUREAU OF RAIL SERVICES
FISCAL YEAR 2011 STATE RAIL PLAN APPLICATIONS ELIGIBLE FOR FUNDING"

fierodoug

Explorer
Jul 12, 2010
Browns Mills
I stopped by the Lacey road crossing tonight. They got the road ripped out at the crossing and a bunch of old ties out. Gonna be neat to watch the progress of the rails coming back to life in this area.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I'm out of the loop on this one.Is the CJRR going to be revived?Through Wharton?From where to where?I kinda like the abandoned tracks myself.Trains stopped in 82 and I haven't missed em in the least.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I'm out of the loop on this one.Is the CJRR going to be revived?Through Wharton?From where to where?I kinda like the abandoned tracks myself.Trains stopped in 82 and I haven't missed em in the least.

I think its the same thing that was talked about, maybe a year ago, when they were clearing the tracks along Pasadena Rd. The thoughts were the sand mining operations had a contract for the new tunnel under the Hudson. But thatstunnel is cancelled now. There is a thread somewhere out there.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Just think, a sand mine wants to dig more and scar more, and we taxpayers are subsidizing the rail crossing work in order to fatten Clayton's wallets. That is, if the one guy's comment in Dogg's link is true: "All grade crossings along the stretch will be upgraded, with funding provided by the NJ Department of Transportation."

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Bob, I couldn't agree with you more and am a bit surprised that nobody else mentioned this. Let them pay their own transportation costs.