Oji news

turtle

Explorer
Feb 4, 2009
a village...in the pines
SCAN0061 (791x1024).jpg
Tom,
Wonderful acknowledgement for the many hours you spend volunteering your time on behalf of the pines! Sorry to have missed you at the planting event today. I got there at 5:15 and it was just Lou and myself til' 7:30-ish. We planted a couple of buckets of seedlings. Beautiful area that I had not previously been. That means I must have just missed Guy and Jess as well..... sorry!
And you are correct.... It was a beautiful day on the bogs. :)

your faithful kame

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
That Tom is a busy man. Involved in so many different things. The consummate Pine Barrens advocate!

Yes, he is. It in nice to be acknowledged like that, and Tom certainly deserves it.

Turtle, Jess and I were passing by the entrance when I saw a truck that looked like Tom's coming out by the gate. I thought it may be him but was not sure so we kept on going. We were tired and thirsty for something cold after stone searching, so we stopped at the soda machine in Chatsworth. I had just gotten ripped off when Tom pulled up and stopped. We talked for a few minutes and headed on. So we did not help out, we just saw Tom along the road. Thanks for posting the article.

BTW, bobpbx deserves credit for the great photo of Tom in that article.

Guy

Pine Baron

Explorer
Feb 23, 2008
Sandy Run
Nice job, Tom. Where do find the time? Keep up the great work!

John-

If it's not too much trouble, I'd like to meet JD some time. :jd: