Old M.E. Church Goshen, NJ

B

BarryC

Well I don't know specifically about the church, but I believe Goshen is in Cape May County (not sure which township). If it's not in Cape May County, then it's in Cumberland County.
Why? What have you heard or read?

B

bach2yoga

BarryC said:
Well I don't know specifically about the church, but I believe Goshen is in Cape May County (not sure which township). If it's not in Cape May County, then it's in Cumberland County.
Why? What have you heard or read?

It's Cape May.
Renee

bunnymom3

Explorer
Sep 27, 2003
Waretown
www.geocities.com
I have no clue Renee. I don't know where it is. I should have posted this on Barrys site since I have a feeling that it is in Cape May and not the pine barrens. I had remembered hearing the name but then it hit me it's the name of the pond. There looks like a cemetery in the photo but I'm not sure. I guess I'll have to try and find it. I have a map of the area but it's not showing a delsea drive.

Nykki

B

bach2yoga

Delsea Drive is Route 47. We locallers call it Delsea. Sorry 'bout that.
There is a Methodist church in goshen on Delsea, and I believe it is still in service.
Renee

B

BarryC

Shoot. Now that you mention it, I've drive all of 47 from it's eastern end all the way to Vineland or so, and I vaguely remember seeing a Goshen Methodist Church in Goshen. I had forgotten.
I love seeing old, small-town churches and cemeteries.
Barry
bach2yoga said:
There is a Methodist church in goshen on Delsea, and I believe it is still in service.
Renee

B

bach2yoga

BarryC said:
Shoot. Now that you mention it, I've drive all of 47 from it's eastern end all the way to Vineland or so, and I vaguely remember seeing a Goshen Methodist Church in Goshen. I had forgotten.
I love seeing old, small-town churches and cemeteries.
Barry
bach2yoga said:
Renee

Before 55 was built, we had to take 47 up to Deptford, through Glassboro(what a timesaver 55 was!), and when I lived in Millville it was easier to take Delsea down to Cape May than the Parkway.

Renee

bunnymom3

Explorer
Sep 27, 2003
Waretown
www.geocities.com
In doing alittle more research I found out that Cassville, in Jackson was also called Goshen. Since the family is from the Whitesville area I'm guessing that it was the Cassville area he was in and not the Goshen down south. I'll still be checking out Goshen down your way one day just not this weekend.

Nykki