Old Mansion at Union Forge?

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Does anybody know if the old Mansion described by Beck in "Forgotten Towns" (page 95 with photos on page 94) still exists? Any ruins? I gather it was somewhere on Chatsworth lake but have always wondered where. Is that area private property?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Boyd said:
Does anybody know if the old Mansion described by Beck in "Forgotten Towns" (page 95 with photos on page 94) still exists? Any ruins? I gather it was somewhere on Chatsworth lake but have always wondered where. Is that area private property?

I have never heard anyone mention that it was. There was a massive boardwalk there at one time with no trace of that also. I believe that property was recently purchased from DeMarco and will be available to explore legally within a year. I have heard that if you do not take a motorized vehicle on the property they will not bother you now.

Any knowledge by others? Am I corect?

Guy

jokerman

Explorer
May 29, 2003
Manasquan
I postd some info or rather posed some questions about this area in a recent thread. I did not spend much time there since it was at day's end, but did not find anything of the mansion. Beck talked about a chimney assoc w/ a ruined gun club or something. Would love to hear more myself.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
You know, right after I posted my question I noticed that other thread. Should have taken a little more time to read through the forum before starting another redundant one. Sorry. But I hadn't realized some of that land was about to become public. That's pretty exciting!