Old south Jersey photos

suresue592003

Explorer
Apr 4, 2004
Browns Mills, NJ
Thanks so much 46er for posting that great photo collection link! I truely miss places like the Pennsalken Mart. They tried to replace it with an indoor modern mart on Rt130 in Willingboro. Believe me, this new place isn't worth the visit. A true disapointment.

devilstoy

Explorer
Nov 21, 2008
lindenwold
great pics ! good ole clemonton park , i grew up at that place , its 5 mins from me , deffinately differant then as apposed to now haha

MartGBC

Scout
Sep 10, 2008
Glendora
If you want to check out old photos of New Jersey check Arcadia Publishing. They have some great books. I recently got one on the Forest Fire Service in New Jersey.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
That's some well spent moments viewing those. Thank you.
It's a shame Clementon park doesn't carry the same dignity today as it did in those photos. What bridgeworkers did then with so little technology compared to today is amazing. All in all, a good collection and man, the ladies did dress well too.

g.

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
my father has hundreds of slides he'd like to get converted to disk (if anybody here can do that or knows of someone, it would be highly appreciated) these slides are from his grandfather so I'm not sure of dates, but my father is 56 years old. Some of these slides are pictures of lindenwold, where his summer house was, this is back when lindenwold was the middle of nowhere.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
my father has hundreds of slides he'd like to get converted to disk (if anybody here can do that or knows of someone, it would be highly appreciated) these slides are from his grandfather so I'm not sure of dates, but my father is 56 years old. Some of these slides are pictures of lindenwold, where his summer house was, this is back when lindenwold was the middle of nowhere.

There are online services that will do that, also near me, Rands Photography in the Silverton section of Toms Rover also does it. Probably any good photo shop could do it as well. It used to be expensive, not sure what the cost per slide is anymore. I used to have a slide scanner, but got rid of it; one of the most tedious things I've ever done is scan slides.

I just saw an add for a slide scanner for $100, in case your interested in trying to do it yourself. You could also try EBay for a better quality scanner.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...C1_VP_35mm_DIGITAL_FILM_SCANNER.html#features

lowerbankman

Scout
Nov 12, 2008
Lower Bank, NJ
thats some good stuff, the one picture of the wentz hotel (number 58) peaked my interest, I happen to be a wentz and have never heard of the place or that there were a lot of wentz's in the south jersey area.

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
Wasn't lindenwold a big vacationing area back in the day? I know my brother in laws grandmom grew up there and she always talks about how it was like the pine barrens there and very unpopulated. Wow things have changed(no knock on lindewold) but wow things are different today....ashame.

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
Wasn't lindenwold a big vacationing area back in the day? I know my brother in laws grandmom grew up there and she always talks about how it was like the pine barrens there and very unpopulated. Wow things have changed(no knock on lindewold) but wow things are different today....ashame.

yes, my great granfather apparently had a vacation house there. From what my father has told me, yes, it was just a continuation of teh pine barrens. It was basically as if you drove back in what used to be known as "Little Mill"

devilstoy

Explorer
Nov 21, 2008
lindenwold
yes, my great granfather apparently had a vacation house there. From what my father has told me, yes, it was just a continuation of teh pine barrens. It was basically as if you drove back in what used to be known as "Little Mill"

i grew up and still live in lindenwold , i hear lots of stories about this town and seen lots of really historic pics , not much left tho , but if you search certain are's you can still find some history

Offabit

Dec 9, 2008
Moorestown
Thanks for the link... some great pics. I was drawn to the Ben Franklin Bridge ones the most...

I don't know why I just love that bridge.