Out and about in Cape May County

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Hawkin,

What whipoorbill does with frogs you do with birds.These are some awesome shots.You must have a helluva telephoto lens.If your into birds of prey I know where a peregrine regularly roosts and several occupied bald eagle nests along with an island that used to be inhabited by barn owls and may still be though i haven't been out to it in a few years.It's in a salt marsh.
Al

I believe there are perigrines at the Forsythe on the meadows in Galloway! Check in at the nature center and ask. Also, they have a log book for sightings updated daily. Budd has spoken about seeing them there, I just don't recall the time of year. I think there's a fee involved so if you know someone with a Federal wildlife pass, buddy-up!

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
The Peregrines at Forsythe are as much of a "sure thing" as you'll ever get birding. If you set up a 'scope on the hacking tower out on the cross dike, you are pretty much assured of seeing one there. Any encounters that bring them into photo range are by chance and are treasured moments!

Hawkin,
A question on a related note, this past Monday my wife and I saw a Kestrel at Forsythe (Brigantine). It's the first one I've seen in a while, and I was wondering if they on a decline? It seems like I used to see them more often, or maybe it's just me. We also got a great view of a Peregrine (the "sure thing") with a spotting scope. The Ospreys are also back on the nesting platforms. Spring is here!
Pictures were great, as usual.
Greg

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
here at work we got a family of Peregrines on our water tower, they arte almost always in photo rane. if it wasnt illegal to bring a camera into work i'd grab a few pics. maybe i'll see what i can do with the camera phone.