Owl Cam

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
My daughter Jennifer has been watching this for a week. Just be warned the owl catches animals and tears them to shreds. She just caught something, fed them, and they are semi mellow now. My daughter tells me there have been times when the mom has been exhausted :) Some of us can relate to that.

They even have night vision camera's.

http://www.ustream.tv/theowlbox

Guy

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
Guy,
My wife Denise are hooked on that site. I have insomnia and I'll check in on Molly, McGee and the owlets in the middle of the night. It has been really fascinating to watch.
Greg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Glad to see others here are watching it. The mom reminds me of the kids you see in video's that are falling to sleep into their food. She looks so tired, her head drops, and when they move or hit her she is startled.

Guy

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
Denise and I laughingly refer to the young as piglets instead of owlets. They have incredible appetites. My wife saw McGee (the father) throw a mouse in a few nights ago and Max (the oldest owlet) swallowed it whole before any of the others got a chance to touch it. We've seen them eating mice, rats, rabbits, what looked like a possum, and one night a duck.
Greg