Paper Maps

Kevinhooa

Explorer
Mar 12, 2008
Hammonton, NJ.
www.flickr.com
Not sure if this is the spot for this question, so feel free to move it if needed.

I saw the frequently asked question area about the wildlife management area maps. Those are what I am looking for but I'm having trouble finding a place to purchase the paper versions. Would anyone know of a good source where I could pick from a bunch of different South Jersey area Topo maps?

I have the map for the whole Mullica River area and love it. Just looking to connect things elsewhere.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek

Kevinhooa

Explorer
Mar 12, 2008
Hammonton, NJ.
www.flickr.com
Thanks for the replies guys. I think I will try the Batsto info center first, and then some of those web sites. I think I confused the USGS Topo and WMA maps, and really I'm only looking for the USGS Topo maps, but it has to be paper.

I'm not big with sitting in front of a computer zooming in and out for extended periods. I like seeing the area as a whole and writing in notes and highlighting stuff. I'm specifically looking for an old dump and a cemetery and I know those maps usually list unique features like that. My Mullica River map actually has the Clarks Landing graves listed as a cemetery which I thought was crazy for a map like that.

Thanks again guys.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
The link I posted above lets you order the "real" hardcopy USGS 24k topo maps and have them shipped to you. I have also purchased them at Batsto, but that was many years ago. There used to be a little map shop in Evesboro (?) in the same center as TGI Friday's - bought a lot of stuff there, even though it was more expensive because I liked supporting that kind of little local business. Unfortunately they are now out of business, after moving to another location I think (there was a thread about this several years ago).

Seems to me that REI may also sell the paper maps.