People need to get a grip

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I doubt it is fake.

There are some people who can't deal with nature.

Guy

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
The state must have sent the same trapper they sent to Webbs bog :D

It will be turkey season soon, the residents must arm themselves against the invading flock before they join forces with the Bruins and mount an air and land attack against the town.

dogg57

Piney
Jan 22, 2007
Southern NJ
southjerseyphotos.com
The problem is with 2 toms in a group of 30 birds.But That lady that works at the school that tried to chase them by swinging a broom at them and in the course falls 2 times.Don't swing a broom at the Wild Turkeys..Some people forget the word Wild and what it means.Swing a broom at some bees they will chase you also.

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
All of this is sensationalism. Turkeys are not a threat at all, I think I've seen all 30,000 (very low estimate IMO) in the state and never once an issue. The bear has been around forever, again not a big deal. The wolf is just someone damn stray dog, nobody in the media apparently has seen a stray before. I hate reading all this because it just causes panic. Folks should get back into the natural world, might help weed themselves off the anxiety and depression medication.

Reactions: glowordz

dogg57

Piney
Jan 22, 2007
Southern NJ
southjerseyphotos.com
Wheres Bigfoot when you need him?
Big_Foot__.jpg

Old Crazy

Explorer
Oct 13, 2007
Stinking Creek, NJ
It's true. Turkeys are vicious predators. I have been attacked by a turkey! lol

Well, more so harrassed by a turkey. I was hiking the Batona Trail in mid-May about a mile north of Apple Pie Fire Tower when all of a sudden I hear these blood curdling screeches behind me that sounded like somebody was being stabbed to death. I turned around and saw a turkey running straight at me, full boar with its head down. I thought, "What the hell is this? I'm being attacked by a turkey? You gotta be kidding me?" I started laughing. Then the thought occurred to me that this turkey might be acting strangely aggessive because it had rabies. Then I stopped laughing. lol As the turkey got within about 10 yards of me, I did a false charge towards it and it backed up. But every time I turned my back on it to continue walking, it immediately charged me and started pecking at my legs. This scenario went on for about a half mile and the whole time this turkey kept making this really loud, annoying, screeching noise. A couple times I turned the tables and chased after the turkey, and then it would back off about 50 yards. At one point I turned around and shouted at it, "Look, I outweigh you by 200 pounds. I am not running from a damn turkey!" lol

I always assumed I had walked near a nest with eggs or young and this turkey was trying to protect its offspring. But I can testify that turkeys can be aggessive towards humans and I can see how they would become emboldened in their attacks if a person was afraid and ran away.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
never been attacked by a turkey but had to physically jump on and beat up a domestic goose once when i was eight because it attacked my mothers keys hanging from her pocket book and I thought it was trying to hurt my mom.I held it down by the throat while it beat my ears unmercifully.My Dad had to separate us before mutual death overtook both of us.I was on top but it was really a draw.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
The Geese probably trained the Turkeys :eek:

We need to eat more Turkey for Thanksgiving and Geese for Christmas.

Old Crazy

Explorer
Oct 13, 2007
Stinking Creek, NJ
never been attacked by a turkey but had to physically jump on and beat up a domestic goose once when i was eight because it attacked my mothers keys hanging from her pocket book and I thought it was trying to hurt my mom.I held it down by the throat while it beat my ears unmercifully.My Dad had to separate us before mutual death overtook both of us.I was on top but it was really a draw.

I always figured getting attacked by geese or ducks at a pond was a right of passage for every boy. I can remeber being at a pond with my friends as a kid and we'd tell the kids who didn't know that geese will chase you and bite you, "Hey, go over there and pet that goose. It's real friendly."