Pet Friendly Camping in NJ Parks and Forests

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
Forget about 2012 let's get him in immediately! His first act as Gov would be serious consequences for the selling of out of date Beer.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Oh, great. More dog-sh*t to step in from irresponsible owners who don't even pay attention to their kids, let alone their dogs.

Irresponsible people will always be there to wear you down in every facet of life.

A remote pine barren campsite with a handful of happy, romping dogs is the vision that first came to my mind when I read the news release.

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
In the recient past I have seen horses corraled at the Batona Camp. But I guess they are transportation, not pets.

imkms

Explorer
Feb 18, 2008
SJ and SW FL
Pet suggestions

Nothing like a barking dog(s) to ruin a camping trip or a good nights sleep! I have been in too many campgrounds where barking dogs have ruined it for me and a lot of other campers. If your dog is a barker, be considerate of others and leave it home (then you can bring your cat :happycat:) Considering the remoteness of some of the campgrounds (Bodine, Hawkins, Godfrey, etc) and the various critters that wonder through in the middle of the night, it's almost a guarantee that some dogs will start howling and then the problems will begin. And when this happens, the complaints will begin and then pets will be banned again.

Just my 2 cents

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
Nothing like a barking dog(s) to ruin a camping trip or a good nights sleep! I have been in too many campgrounds where barking dogs have ruined it for me and a lot of other campers. If your dog is a barker, be considerate of others and leave it home (then you can bring your cat :happycat:) Considering the remoteness of some of the campgrounds (Bodine, Hawkins, Godfrey, etc) and the various critters that wonder through in the middle of the night, it's almost a guarantee that some dogs will start howling and then the problems will begin. And when this happens, the complaints will begin and then pets will be banned again.

Just my 2 cents

Yep, couldn't agree more.