pet rat up for adoption

BobNJ1979

Explorer
May 31, 2007
hey all,

as much as it breaks my heart to do so, I must put my pet rat (Jerry) up for adoption, as I've developed pretty bad allergies to them. I've had pet rats since 2005 (while at school) and they're a blast.. very personable, intelligent, affectionate and playful. The last rat left is Jerry. his cage mate (Tom) had to be put to sleep this past thurs, as he was going into acute respiratory distress (a common killer in rats from an innate microorganism called Mycoplasma).. I've taken extremely good care of my boys.. his living quarters will accompany him to his new home, as will all of his food and CareFresh bedding. (which you must also promise to use - NO pine or cedar bedding.. it's toxic to them)..

If you do take my Jerry, you must promise you will get another rat - a young male as that's the only one that will be able to coexist w/ a male of his age (he's 8 mons old). Rats are very social creatures, and keeping one alone is equivalent to a person living in solitary confinement. won't you help him out ?

Pictures avail upon request.

I'm willing to help w/ transportation, an hr or so in each direction (rat is located in tabernacle, NJ - currently w/ my parents.. they're not allergic but they do have a cat.. )

Thanks.. Email me at "rbarthur2003@yahoo.com" or if you want to speak by phone, i'll email you my phone #..

Thanks.. Bob Arthur.

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
My python prefers to eat two rats in one sitting, so no worries about me buying another rat to keep him company while Monty works up an appetite. :)

BobNJ1979

Explorer
May 31, 2007
ok.. yea.. good point.. this rat must be bought to be A PET !!!!!!!! no feeders or breeders...

He's a white albino as well.. very handsome... :)

Sue Gremlin

Piney
Sep 13, 2005
Vicksburg, Michigan
Aw. Rats do make good pets. I wish we could take him especially because we watched "Ratatouille" yesterday. :) But we have cats who would both love to make an hors d'oevure out of him.

Have you tried advertising him in the pets section of Craigslist? A small adoption fee will help to keep the snake owners away.

BobNJ1979

Explorer
May 31, 2007
hi sue.. yea, that's my concern.. the snake owners.. there are a few rat rescues around - my friend is trying to get me connected w/ one.. thanks.. !

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
We have 2 girls. Really sweet. We got them to train our Jack Russell Terrier to hunt. No, she doesn't hurt them or scare them. we just hide them in a cage around the house and tell her to go find the ratties. She won lots of ribbons at the trials last summer. I guess this site has lots of strange hobbies, many that noone admits to.