Pete McClain

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Pete in his element; Barnegat Bay working with interns tagging Osprey chicks.

10483285.jpg

GermanG

Piney
Apr 2, 2005
Little Egg Harbor
I consider myself very lucky to have known Pete for over 15 years. He was one of those people who accomplished so much during their lives, yet were so modest, that you continue to learn more of what they've gotten done long after they are gone. Pete leaves a hole that no one person will be able to fill. Hopefully the many individuals he inspired can do so together.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Great picture of Pete 46er

Thanks, I have many more taken during 'adventures' with Pete and his constant companion Monty.

Another article from yesterdays Patch. Not too many folks know that Pete was instrumental in acquiring many folks playground, the Wharton tract, from the family back in 1954, as well as many of the states WMA's. He had a way of talking folks into things, like the time he talked me into helping him get his aging RV home from Cape May. He was the definition of the term conservationist, he abhorred being referred to as an environmentalist and quickly set the record straight when identified as such :clint:

http://patch.com/new-jersey/berkeley/remembering-barnegat-bay-legend#.VAG9g00g_X5