Picnic

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Why don't we all get together for a nice summer picnic somewhere? Everyone bring something. We can get a grill going and discuss life and the pines in general. Life is too short to just type away at each other. I'd really like to meet you all.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
You need to just set a date and see what happens. Isn't that what you always say :D

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Sorry for all the posts but I think of things too slowly :(

Are you going to go to a secluded remote spot or use a campground? If you pass on the campground, you might want to send an email out with a meeting place and then drive from there so that only those who come will know the location. So it will be a surprise for everyone where it is at.

If you go with the campground you could still do the same so that if one wants to come they have to notify you in advance. This will also insure that if someone is bringing a key item they have less of a chance of not coming.

Comments????

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
All good points Guy, especially about the grill, right? :(

I never did get it back. We'll, we can let this idea smoulder in the background of our minds for awhile. We could do it at several state-run picnic areas. I suppose I'm only thinking of a short afternoon, not an event worth paying for like we did at Wading Pines.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
BobM said:
All good points Guy, especially about the grill, right? :(

I never did get it back. We'll, we can let this idea smoulder in the background of our minds for awhile. We could do it at several state-run picnic areas. I suppose I'm only thinking of a short afternoon, not an event worth paying for like we did at Wading Pines.

I am not knowledgeable on state run cooking rules, but don't you have to pay there also?

Guy

suresue592003

Explorer
Apr 4, 2004
Browns Mills, NJ
I hope this invitation includes us female members as well. I would love to meet some of the people I a talk to on here. It would be great to put a face to a name. I am pretty much open to whatever you guys decide, and can put together some really great dishes!

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Jessica will be there, so you are as welcome as she is.

Edit: I am not sure how involved the food is going to be, so maybe Bob can weigh in on this one.

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
suresue592003 said:
I hope this invitation includes us female members as well. I would love to meet some of the people I a talk to on here. It would be great to put a face to a name. I am pretty much open to whatever you guys decide, and can put together some really great dishes!

Certainly, it includes anyone who is interested. I will be thinking of a place first, and time. I'd like it to be in a nice place, with picnic tables and grill. We have to do some research.

Does anyone have an idea for day of week and time slot?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I am assuming you are deciding between Saturday or Sunday, but if you want to do it on a weekday evening I would say Friday for me. I think some people will have a problem with weekday evenings.

We could do lunch, or if we do an evening it might resemble our evening outing at Coyle Field. That was nice but if we are enjoying ourselves it gets dark too fast.

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Yes, I had forgotten about Pakim Pond. Thats not a bad idea, maybe easier for those coming from afar. There is also a picnic area by Wading Pines and Lake Absegami.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
onehand said:
i sounds good to me, i would like to meet you guys, although i have already meet some of you in my travels
:dance: :guinness:

Yes, Steve, Bob, Jessica, and I have met you on the Swamp Monster Hike I believe.

Guy