Pics

B

bach2yoga

Guy,
I just saw your cemetery markers for Beck, Pierce, etc and James Stills house. Love them! Very nice!
Where are these places?
Renee

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Renee,

Both Beck and Pierce are in Harleigh cemetery in Camden. I did not have my GPS back then, or I would have the coordinates for you to find them in the cemetery. Somewhere in my files I have a map that I marked where they are located, and if I come up with it I will scan it. If you go there, make sure you check out the grave of Walt Whitman. It is an interesting place, and one that you should visit even without Beck or Pierce being there.

I have relatives located there, and my mom told me that years ago my dads mom mentioned that there is a plot there reserved for any member of the family who wanted or needed it. Both her and my dad are gone and we have no idea where it is located. We have always thought about inquiring about it, even just to give the plot away to someone in need or an unknown. Someday I will check into it, even though I have no way to prove who I am other than my last name.

Dr Stills office is in Medford on Church road at "Crossroads." It is the dot below the target symbol.

http://topozone.com/map.asp?z=18&am...50&size=l&datum=nad83&layer=DRG25

To get there from the Marlton Circle, take 70 east for about 5 miles to the former Medford circle (541). Make a left and go to Church road and make a right. His office is located on the left a short distance.

His grave is located behind the Jacobs Chapel AME church on Elbo Lane in Mt. Laurel. To get there from the Marlton Circle take 73 North to the second red light (Greentree Road) and make a right. Continue on that road crossing over Maple Ave and continue straight for about 2 miles to Elbo lane on your right. Follow that and cross the next intersection to Jacobs Chapel on the right.

http://terraserver-usa.org/image.aspx?t=2&s=11&x=1274&y=11049&z=18&w=1

Guy

B

bach2yoga

Thanks for the great information!
Hmm...Marlton...musing...I can stop at LL Bean on the way...run, Joe, run for your life!
Now I have another question for ya--the Scott line, is that like the lawrence and keith line? how can I get info on that line and where EXACTLY it falls? There is a descrepancy between the old tax map of Eli Budd and the new map vs. what TNC believes it owns, and I'm trying to help them gather as much info as possible in what may result in a title search of a sort. The Scott line runs very nearly against a corner of the original furnace and through a corner of the property line as well.
Renee

B

BarryC

Renee,
Maybe you weren't yet a member of my site when I had requested that someone get a picture of Pierce's and/or Beck's grave, and then later, Dr. Still's office and house site. There was a little discussion after Guy found them. I think someone else found Beck's grave first and then Guy went to photograph Pierce's, or vise/versa.
Those pictures made good additions to my site.
In fact later on Guy found the Pine Grove Union Church and photographed it. That made for an interesting comparison between his photo and the one in Forgotten Towns.
Good stuff.
Barry

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Renee,

I can't help you on the Scott Line, I have no information on it. I wonder if there are markers?

Barry, you were correct that a member of your site was there first, but his photo's were taken in the dark. I then went there and photographed Pierce and Beck. The Pine Grove church is right near my mom's house and I pass it all the time heading out to the pines, so I stopped one day and photographed. And you may remember my letter to you about my mom's confrontation with the minister from there when he leaned close to my moms screen door and called her a sinner because she was not going to church. I can't tell you what my mom said about him or I would be a sinner also just like my mom. :wink:

Guy

B

bach2yoga

TeeGate said:
Renee,

I can't help you on the Scott Line, I have no information on it. I wonder if there are markers?

Don't know about that....

TeeGate said:
I can't tell you what my mom said about him or I would be a sinner also just like my mom. :wink:

Guy

Who, you! Nah.... :shock: :wink:

Renee