Pine Barren Exploring Trip

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
BTW, I can testify that bushwhacking is more risky than walking a trail. I was hiking on Sunday night (yes, in the dark) and I decided go "off trail" and take a short cut back to my truck (you should not attempt this without a GPS) I didn't see a branch protruding up from a downed tree and tripped over it and slammed hard into the ground. When I got up I had a mouth full of blood and a torn rotator cuff in my right shoulder.

That sucks. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
So far we have not had a request to join us. If you think you can do the distance and want to see places that most people don't normally see, give Bob and myself a PM. All of the present members except Bob obviously have started the same way. Join in, and by the end of the hike you will think you have known us for years. Nobody will laugh at you or criticize you except maybe if you fall in the river. That always is fun to see. :dance: Bob will pass on the information to you and we will answer any question you have about being prepared if you are unsure of what you will need. I must stress that once we begin there will be no turning back. The route we are taking will make it difficult to return. And just to let you know...PBX hikes always run long and late so the sun will be close to setting before we end at this time of year. When there are nine people together on a PBX hike the conversations can get intense.

Guy