Pine Barrens enthusiasts display pride

dogg57

Piney
Jan 22, 2007
Southern NJ
southjerseyphotos.com
HAMMONTON — A crowd of hundreds lined up Sunday to see the diverse variety of artists, authors, naturalists and historians at Frog Rock Golf & Country Club for the seventh annual Lines on the Pines event.
An increasingly popular convention for Pine Barrens enthusiasts, this year’s event brought together more than 50 exhibitors who played folk music, talked about their books and crafts and provided information about what there is to see and do in the globally unique forest region.
The attendees were also from varying backgrounds, with mostly longtime self-proclaimed “pineys” joining people who were just developing an interest in the area and its history.
“I never knew they had so many books about the Pinelands,” said Janice Cox, of Galloway Township, who walked around holding a variety of handouts she picked up at several booths.
“I’m really amazed,” said Ginny Balita, of Hammonton, who bought a book for her daughter and another for herself. “I love the Pinelands.”

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/...cle_05d3587c-6be0-11e1-a618-001871e3ce6c.html