Pine Barrens Militia

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Maybe a 4x4 club? Kingofthepines may know if they are.

Guy

Buck

Scout
Jan 23, 2007
Whiting
I have seen two different vehicles with stickers or writing that says Pine Barrens Militia, with camoflauge and some young rough-lookin dudes driving. My impression was skinhead types, but since some people look at me and think the same thing (bald), I could be wrong.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Very good detective work!

Six members since last June.....seems a little sparce :)

Guy

swwit

Explorer
Apr 14, 2005
Militia's in the true American sense of the word are not terrorists, jihadists ect. Are there some bad apples in every group? Absolutely. But to say they are a bunch of terrorists is like saying all bikers are like the Hell's Angels or the Pegans. It's just not so. God forbid if the police were to declare marshal law because of an emergency you would be welcoming such a group. History has shown that during such an emergency you can't rely on the police for help.

Badfish740

Explorer
Feb 19, 2005
Copperhead Road
Militia's in the true American sense of the word are not terrorists, jihadists ect. Are there some bad apples in every group? Absolutely. But to say they are a bunch of terrorists is like saying all bikers are like the Hell's Angels or the Pegans. It's just not so. God forbid if the police were to declare marshal law because of an emergency you would be welcoming such a group. History has shown that during such an emergency you can't rely on the police for help.

I see your point, but in my experience every militia that has come down the pike has not been the type you're describing. Instead of fighting for freedom for all against a police state they are usually fighting for the tyranny of a select few such as Neo-Nazis, white supremacists, etc... Every militia group out there (that I've seen anyway) advocates freedom from excessive government, but they also tend to advocate freedom from blacks, jews, catholics, and any other non-anglos that may be around.

swwit

Explorer
Apr 14, 2005
I see your point, but in my experience every militia that has come down the pike has not been the type you're describing. Instead of fighting for freedom for all against a police state they are usually fighting for the tyranny of a select few such as Neo-Nazis, white supremacists, etc... Every militia group out there (that I've seen anyway) advocates freedom from excessive government, but they also tend to advocate freedom from blacks, jews, catholics, and any other non-anglos that may be around.

Understood. I would stand behind the militia's of yester year but not the neo-nazi stuff. They actually give the term militia term a bad name.