Pine-Flavored Gum Helps Deer Hunters Hide

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
http://www.local6.com/food/3846431/detail.html

Pine-Flavored Gum Helps Deer Hunters Hide

POSTED: 9:35 am EDT October 25, 2004
ANTIGO, Wis. -- Do you have smelly human breath? It's no joke to deer hunters.

Wearing camouflage is often not enough because human smells can chase away deer.

Now, Neil Bretl says he has the answer to revealing human breath -- it's Gum-o-Flage. The Chiclet-style tablets have a pine taste and fragrance.

Bretl said he came up the formula with the help an organic chemist friend and his brother, who were in dental school at the time.

Bretl admits his first attempts were hideous. But he says he has already sold 25,000 packs of the final product -- at about $5 each.

Bretl claims Gum-o-Flage can mask odors of such human activities as smoking, beer drinking and even eating onions.

Gerania

Explorer
May 18, 2004
Marlton
Yuck! My husband took a survival training course during the winter years ago. In the 'living off the land' phase, the instructor had the guys brew pine needle tea. Joe said that tea was the most vile thing that he had ever tasted in his entire life. I can imagine that the first attempts were hideous.

Gillian

Hey, where are the doilies??

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Gerania said:
Hey, where are the doilies??

Do you mean the smilies? If so, look below this post where it says "Posting rules" and click on the Smilies link.

:cool:

Ben...I got a laugh out of the name of this smilie. :jeffd: