PineBarrens 500

dogg57

Piney
Jan 22, 2007
Southern NJ
southjerseyphotos.com
AMA membership, license, registration, insurance and inspection are required. The event will be limited to 100 entrants and 25 club or support riders. A few club members and support riders may be on smaller machines, however.
There will be a tech inspection, to check that the machine is 100% street legal. A decal will be issued to those who pass this inspection. This sticker will allow you to access the Wildlife Management Areas and State Parks and serve as permit to enter the event

All Machines must have
DOT KNOBBY TIRES, USFS-approved spark arrestor, able to pass AMA sound test (94 db) and
able to go at least 80 miles between gas stops.
No Trail Bikes or Two-Strokes, these are all street legal machines.
This is all from there Page.

This link below is from 2009 on the Pine Barrens forum.......

http://forums.njpinebarrens.com/threads/cycle-racing-in-the-pines.5255/

freerider

Explorer
Jan 3, 2008
Thanks.

I have read the info on the PB500 web sites.

I am seeking information on the environmental impact upon the pines from these type of events.

This is an item on my list to photo document regarding the threats to the Pine Barrens.

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
When an Enduro event is planned the entire route is mapped out and the plan has to be approved by the Pinelands Commission and the municipalities that the course runs through.

Reactions: glowordz

freerider

Explorer
Jan 3, 2008
Thanks for that info.

Doesnt mean all the right precautions have been taken becuae the commission is involved.

State is highly interested in making money from use of state parks etc. It is my understanding that there may be an increase of various events in the Pines.

I know I have purposefully a avoid certains roads and puddles during seasons as numerous wildlife reply upon them to survive.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Thanks.

I have read the info on the PB500 web sites.

I am seeking information on the environmental impact upon the pines from these type of events.

This is an item on my list to photo document regarding the threats to the Pine Barrens.

It shouldn't be. These events are carefully planned and there are very minimal threats to the einvironment. These events could serve as a model for responsible land use by aspecial interest group (my observation and opinion) There are much larger fish to fry in terms of adverse environmental implications and you'll find the real big fish in politics.

Jeff

Reactions: glowordz