Pinelands Commission Pond Study Report

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Have any of you read the pond study report by the Pinelands Commission? Here are a few interesting lines. It pretty much vindicates approved enduro routes in regards to pond damage.

A greater percentage of excavated ponds were damaged by off‐road vehicles compared to natural ponds.

We found no link between approved enduro routes and off‐road vehicle damage to ponds.

Make sure you click on the photo for the complete report.

Wick

Explorer
Mar 6, 2016
Forked River
Interesting! I bought a 13 acre home in Galloway Twp at the begining of summer. On the property are two swampy areas that were dry but in previos imagery show water present. Just last week I noticed a professional looking metal ruler in the back of 1 swamp. The previous property owner was listed as a land owner who granted acess.

Reactions: Boyd and Teegate

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Interesting! I bought a 13 acre home in Galloway Twp at the begining of summer. On the property are two swampy areas that were dry but in previos imagery show water present. Just last week I noticed a professional looking metal ruler in the back of 1 swamp. The previous property owner was listed as a land owner who granted acess.
Your home is 13 acres? Wow! My rental home is only 1470 square feet. :D

• Haha
Reactions: Wick

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I would like to hear about that. It sounds nice. Is it all woods or maybe an older farm?

Wick

Explorer
Mar 6, 2016
Forked River
Bob, The house was built in 1966, and is about 1200 square feet. I would guess only 3 acres is cleared and the rest is wooded. The previous owner had some horses there and owned the 20 acre parcel next door as well. I am not sure if that piece which is cleared was used for farming. I was told a small creek used to flow through the property but has been dry for some time. Perhaps that is why they wanted to survey there?

Reactions: Boyd