Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
And dressed for the occasion:

PINKMED.JPG

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
That is one of the best photo's of Pink I have ever viewed. Very very nice Bob!

I wish it was the beginning of the weekend or I would be out there. :(

Guy

Oct 25, 2006
Excellant photo Bob.I will take a try at identifying the plant,is it a swamp pink lily?,please correct if i am totally wrong on my answer.

Oct 25, 2006
As an added comment,your photo of the plant puts the one from Mike H's site that i started a thread with called amphibians to shame.But i do find his site interesting for novices.

Oct 25, 2006
Thanks James. That is quite a compliment. As usual, a lucky shot on my part. I am not technical.

I have to make another comment on your reply Bob,lucky shot,not technical,hmm,gifted in my opinion,the photos you have been taking lately i would call a gift,i think you ought to enlarge this photo,frame it,and hang on a wall in your living room or rec room.Did you also ever think of watermarking your photos?

GermanG

Piney
Apr 2, 2005
Little Egg Harbor
Yes, very nice shot Bob! Did you by chance take that while out with Mickey and John B. this weekend? I know they were going out to a site where Swamp Pink can be found.

GermanG

Piney
Apr 2, 2005
Little Egg Harbor
The two I use the most are Peterson's Field Guide to Wildflowers and Newcomb's Wildflower Guide. The first has plants grouped by color of bloom and the second by botanical relationships and uses a key to narrow the plant down if you are starting blind. Both have their fans. If you want to learn grass-like plants (God help you) you'll need a more specfic guide to those plants, as you would for ferns or woody plants. If you are going to mostly be in our area, Howard Boyd wrote two field guides for the Pine Barrens. One covers all groups of plants and animals, although it doesn't include everything in each group you might run into. The other just covers just wildflowers, and groups them by bloom schedule. I find both valuable.

Eventually, you'll be lugging around a library, as I do. But the one book you would have found most usefull will always be sitting at home on the toilet tank

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I have to make another comment on your reply Bob,lucky shot,not technical,hmm,gifted in my opinion,the photos you have been taking lately i would call a gift,i think you ought to enlarge this photo,frame it,and hang on a wall in your living room or rec room.Did you also ever think of watermarking your photos?

As far as watermarking, yeah, I did think of it once. Then discarded it. Life is short, what the hell. I like a photo to be the photo. If I see some guy making more than $1,000 on my photo, I'll holler (a bit). I don't worry about it that much anymore. Many people take many good pictures. I don't think those coffee table books make much money at all.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Yes, very nice shot Bob! Did you by chance take that while out with Mickey and John B. this weekend? I know they were going out to a site where Swamp Pink can be found.

I was in a different spot German. Close by. I knew where Mickey was. I counted Pink in that area for the Feds last year. Have you ever been there? Nice, very nice.

Oct 25, 2006
As far as watermarking, yeah, I did think of it once. Then discarded it. Life is short, what the hell. I like a photo to be the photo. If I see some guy making more than $1,000 on my photo, I'll holler (a bit). I don't worry about it that much anymore. Many people take many good pictures. I don't think those coffee table books make much money at all.

My thoughts also for the watermarking as of now,when i get back on my feet again,go exploring in the near future,and start taking photos,i will not watermark at first,but that could change.Thank you for your insight Bob.