Plat Plotter

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
In all my years of viewing maps I have never saw one measured in poles.

RangerRushton

May 14, 2015
Rock Oak, WV
In all my years of viewing maps I have never saw one measured in poles.

Turns out many property descriptions in Hardy County, West Virginia were done in poles in the 1800's and those Plat descriptions were handed down without subsequent surveys. So, when I wrote Plat Plotter I had to account for the legacy deeds in Poles as well as new surveys in feet.

There is a lot of history in the land records: the county has online records back over 100 years so plotting ownership over time shows the rise and fall of families and industries in the area.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
This site looks like FORWARD only it does it on the aerials whereas after using FORWARD to get the coords I enter the coords into Topofusion to show me what I"m dealing with. Great site.I"ll try it next time I plot if I can just figure out how to get the flag to stay where I drop it.It keeps going back to the top when I release the mouse button.

RangerRushton

May 14, 2015
Rock Oak, WV
I"ll try it next time I plot if I can just figure out how to get the flag to stay where I drop it.It keeps going back to the top when I release the mouse button.

Sounds like you may have let the app pick your current location so it is wresting with a starting point. I put that feature in so the system would center on a new user's location, but it is annoying if you are working on Plats that are somewhere else. I turned off 'use my location' in the browser.