Pole Bridge Branch Sunset

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
About 20 years ago I was driving my old Jeep down the road that parallels the old Penn RR right of way through whiting when I stopped to get a pic of the sunrise which was a unreal pink color. I took the pic with my Sony Mavica FD-91 that stored its 0.8 megapixel photos on floppy disk. I always loved how the sky looked, even though the rest of the photo was awful.

MVC-007L.jpg

I've wanted to go back there and try to get a better photo that doesn't look like it was taken with a potato and the app I use to forecast cloud cover (which is what determines the color of the sky during sunset) said that there was a good chance of a nice sky at sunset yesterday. So I drove down to Whiting, parked my car near the dirt road off 539, and walked down to the Pole Bridge Branch. The sky wasn't as awesome as I had hoped but it didn't really disappoint.

DSCF8277-Edit.jpg

Since it was Thanksgiving there wasn't a soul around so it was nice to have the place to myself and be back in the woods in general. I need to do this more often.

Wick

Explorer
Mar 6, 2016
Forked River
Ben, Nice pic. I had one of those cameras too. Mine stored on a small CD. I think it was almost $800 when they were new. Was Nessie still in the Lake?

Reactions: Ben Ruset