Ponds off Jackson Rd.

PinesExplr

Scout
Dec 7, 2005
Medford, NJ
A few months ago I noticed the no trespassing signs were removed from the access points off of Jackson Rd. to the to this area ->>

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&i....838447,-74.831765&spn=0.005272,0.010149&z=17

Did some exploring Sunday morning and found some recently maintained foot bridges, working dams, clipped paths and some sort of fitness/wilderness trail. Also noticed some old structures, one was clearly a multi-stall outhouse.

Was this area part of Kettle Run that got sold to a preservation group? Was there another camp, the trail maybe area homeowners association - don't know? Anyone familiar with this area?.. a very nice, peaceful spot.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Interesting. I don't know the ownership status of that particular area. I assumed from all the development around it that it was just a matter of time before it was torn apart. Perhaps the Pinelands commission put a hold on that due to wetlands restrictions. If a conservancy group bought it, signs will go up soon. If not you could check at the municipal center.

Jeff

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
While I can't speak on this particular spot, I do know the pinelands commission is making alot of effort to acquire property around jackson road. I was out looking for reptiles and did not realize I was on private property. A very old man, who I later found out is a doctor, told me that it was his property and that it stretched for a half mile either way. He was a very nice guy and allowed me access to all of his property from here on out. He informed me that he is in talks to turn over all his property to the pinelands commission. Personally I think many developers are afraid to build in their after what went on with the rattlesnakes at the sanctuary...a stones throw away......that area is very very piney.