Portable tire inflators

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I have a tire inflator but not that one. Mine is slightly bigger and requires the cigarette lighter. I had one before that which had a clip on hose and the new one does not. Clearly, the new one that screws on is inferior to the clip on. At least I think so.

TommyP

Explorer
Mar 30, 2022
Clementon
thomaspluck.substack.com
I've got the DeWalt that's two down from the cordless in the list, and it works great. It has a battery slot, and the battery costs $68, so I don't have one. It would cost $190 with the battery, so the $50 cordless ones I see on Instagram seem too good to be true to me, so I never bought one.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I've got the DeWalt that's two down from the cordless in the list, and it works great. It has a battery slot, and the battery costs $68, so I don't have one. It would cost $190 with the battery, so the $50 cordless ones I see on Instagram seem too good to be true to me, so I never bought one.
The rectangular cordless ones look like a trick, right? How can that develop the pressure to do that. But if they truly do work, I'd get one.

My left rear tire loses 10 pounds over about 2 weeks.

Last edited:

imkms

Explorer
Feb 18, 2008
SJ and SW FL
I have a similar Ryobi tire inflator. It was on sale and came without a battery, but uses the same battery I have for 2 other Ryobi yard tools so it was a no-brainer to buy. It works well enough for topping of a tire, and I can top of all 4 tires easily on one charge. I also have a larger, older pump that requires a lighter socket for power but it actually doesn’t do much better than my small hand held cordless Ryobi.

Reactions: bobpbx