Possible Mountain Lion Sighting in Princeton

Badfish740

Explorer
Feb 19, 2005
Copperhead Road
Mt. Lucas Road is less than a mile away from congested, densely populated downtown Princeton. If a mountain lion was roaming around there we'd be hearing about pets mysteriously disappearing, joggers being attacked, or at the very least, dead hacked up deer laying around. People don't realize the absolute havoc that a predator like this could cause in a densely populated area. There's a reason they are no longer found east of the Mississippi.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Mt. Lucas Road is less than a mile away from congested, densely populated downtown Princeton. If a mountain lion was roaming around there we'd be hearing about pets mysteriously disappearing, joggers being attacked, or at the very least, dead hacked up deer laying around. People don't realize the absolute havoc that a predator like this could cause in a densely populated area. There's a reason they are no longer found east of the Mississippi.

Agreed. A mountain lion needs to eat a lot, even more than me, every day.
I have no problem believing a bobcat is in their midst as they are expanding their range from the north in NJ.

That wimpy little Princeton Tiger better watch his ass !
images

Badfish740

Explorer
Feb 19, 2005
Copperhead Road
Agreed. A mountain lion needs to eat a lot, even more than me, every day.
I have no problem believing a bobcat is in their midst as they are expanding their range from the north in NJ.

That wimpy little Princeton Tiger better watch his ass !
images

LOL... Bobcat definitely-I've not seen them myself, but there are definitely in Mercer County. Some of the problem is terminology-many people think when you say "Bobcat" you mean a large aggressive predator capable of taking down a full grown deer, not a small, reclusive cat that goes after field mice and other small rodents.