Possible Sighting!

kaugie125

Hey all, Myself and some friends were exploring in deep woods by a water source off a road in chatsworth. Anyway we were there yesterday, and went back again today to the same spot. I saw my footprints and everything from yesterday and I came across a print in my pre-existing footprint from the day before. It looks like a dog track, however this print measure at about 5 inches or a little more long. And I checked a large dog is 4 in. long. This print looks exactly like a Wolf track. Check it out.

grendel

Explorer
Feb 24, 2006
Fredericksburg VA
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/photo.php?pid=31483160&id=33103695

The compass is 4 1/2 inches long and starts at the top... as you can see it isnt long enough to measure the bottom of the print. Also to note that their were several large deer tracks in the area, and the prints were arranged at a depth as if a chase could have occurred.

Hey kaugie,
wolf in the pines? If that compass is 4.5 inches then that is a big canine print. The track in the picture was made at a speed of fast walk to judge by the pressure releases in the photo. Also the toes spread out when a dog runs.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Kyle,

The link in your first post is faulty, but it does tell us your full name. It is a link to your internal folder in your computer. And the second link requires one to be logged into Facebook. Can you post again so that both links work?

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Thanks. Someone here should be able to figure that out.

Guy

devilstoy

Explorer
Nov 21, 2008
lindenwold
there was a cougar running arounf south jersey jersey for a while in the woods behind my brother in-law's house in the woods , he said that track looked simular the ones he seen from that cougar , but it does look more like a dog track and i know what you mean by the claws

Sue Gremlin

Piney
Sep 13, 2005
Vicksburg, Michigan
Well, that second picture is interesting. There are too many toes in that print. It does not look like the same animal as the original photo. Were those prints the same size?

kaugie125

devilstoy, they were definitely beavers, the whole area seemed to be a beaver "town," . My friend was walking along the hill on the edge of the water and he sunk right into a Beaver hole, they were everywhere, i even think their was a dead one down their because the amount of fly and insects coming out of the whole after he fell was rediculous.