Potential adventure for Bobbleton or others

ChrisNJ

Explorer
Jan 31, 2006
Medford
Well my 12 year old step sons father lives in Jackson and is an avid fisherman. His father lives in North Carolina and is visited often with tales of fish and alligators.

Anywho my step son got a call from his father the other night with a tale that he saw an alligator while fishing in "echo lake", in the back end. With out getting specific directions Jimmy thinks it is in either Howell or Jackson but not really sure.

Although without his Carolina experiences I would doubt the whole thing , but it is kinda common for peeps to release their Caeman once it has outgrown their bathtub.

Jim' s father will prolly call tonight and I will have him get some specifics of the location of the lake.

swwit

Explorer
Apr 14, 2005
If your talking about Echo Lake in NJ it's probably not anywhere near Jackson. There is an Echo Lake off Rt.22 (Scotch Plains). It's actually called Echo Lake Park.

Bobbleton

Explorer
Mar 12, 2004
NJ
The name sounds familiar, but i can't put a peg on where it is. I'm fairly certain I've been there before. And if there's a gator in there . . . you can bet i'll be catching it. Soon.

-Bob

ChrisNJ

Explorer
Jan 31, 2006
Medford
Hmmm I forgot to get more info on this but he did say it was about 3 feet long, and it is prolly that one in Howell. It let them get pretty close in their jon boat, so I cant imagine it would be too hard to catch, but then again it took several weeks for them to catch the Central Park NY Gator a few years ago.