Potter co. Pa.

onehand

Explorer
Apr 11, 2005
potter co. pa.
as some of you know the wife and i could no longer take the urban part of life in nj and moved to Potter co. Pa. 7 miles from Coudersport Pa. just 4 miles off of rt 6 in Sweden twp. pop 775

as many times in the past 10 years we have been camping in this area we have never had a problem with hitting the local indiginious animal population.

two weeks ago we hit a deer, 3 g's plus damage to our van, and two days ago we narrowly missed two bears one in front of our vehicle the other passed behind (two litter mates ?) while the other vehicle was still in the body shop

almost every morning or evening there are at least a group of 6 to eight deer crossing our property next to our house and eating the woods follage

we have yet to see the resident bear that frequents the houses on the dead end road we live on, but have heard many weird animal noises in the woods in back of our property

there is diffinatly no shortage of wildlife in this area, but a shortage of sunshine, we can't seem to get to many sunny days up here at the moment

as i sit here looking out past the back porch all i see is woods and rain ! but it is for the most part dead quiet up here ! GOOD !

long-a-coming

Explorer
Mar 28, 2005
Berlin Twp
Sounds like some real nice country. Maybe a bunch of us could get a camping trip together up that way sometime.
Sorry about your vehicle though.
Had a mother and cubs jump out in front of me in Shenandoah, close call.

foofoo

Explorer
Sep 14, 2003
if you think all that wildlife is a bummer i feel for you (just kidding) wait till march. do you like mud? they have whats called a mud season. all the snow melt and run off causes fun driving conditions. i do some fishing and hunting in the sproul state forest just south of you in clinton county. anyway im jealous. i would love to live there.