Preserved land question.

SpineyPiney

Scout
Jan 15, 2013
Hi all. I figured this would be a good place to ask this since so many of you have such vast amounts of knowledge of the area. If not, I’m sorry and you can delete or move my post as you see fit. I am thinking about putting in an offer for a house in Southampton and the seller is claiming the orchard across the road and next to it is preserved open space that can never be built on. I can’t find any info about it and there’s no placards up anywhere like you see in some places. Does anyone know where I can find that information or where I could call to find out? TIA!

imkms

Explorer
Feb 18, 2008
SJ and SW FL
Hi all. I figured this would be a good place to ask this since so many of you have such vast amounts of knowledge of the area. If not, I’m sorry and you can delete or move my post as you see fit. I am thinking about putting in an offer for a house in Southampton and the seller is claiming the orchard across the road and next to it is preserved open space that can never be built on. I can’t find any info about it and there’s no placards up anywhere like you see in some places. Does anyone know where I can find that information or where I could call to find out? TIA!
See if this helps……

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Really not very familiar with that area anymore, however my new topo shows all the preserved openspace in the NJDEP dataset as of 2020. Of course, it might take awhile for a parcel to be added to that database. Anyway, houses and parcels are shown and preserved land is shaded green on the map, such as the wetlands and grasslands behind the homes here, for example:

https://boydsmaps.com/#17.00/39.931461/-74.738749/pines2020/0.00/0.00

You can also see house numbers on the HERE aerials

https://boydsmaps.com/#19.00/39.930400/-74.740219/hereHybrid/0.00/0.00

You can view or download the newest version of the NJDEP dataset here - click on the individual parcels to see all their data. One of the download options is a KML file that should work in Google Earth.

Also access the data in their map viewer, unfortunately you can't link directly to a spot on the map here. But if you click the Basemap button there are a choice of different maps and display styles

Last edited:
Reactions: SpineyPiney