Quiet time & a stop or two.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Felt like paddling today. Atsion Lake. Not really digging moving water lately.
Out early, started off cool but heated up quickly. Save for a welcome breeze, the water was calm and peaceful. Banked twice to do a little trail walking. surprisingly little garbage to be picked up. I was pleased at this. No trip is complete however without a Mylar balloon. (Happy Graduation Model today, go figure). Was actually hoping to spy a snake of some sort but no luck. No turtles either. Perused the lake for fun. Cabin folks started coming on the water around 10:30. I moved to and kept to the back. Quieter. Paddled up to just before Ephraim's Bridge. Stopped off, ate, and back around.
Just a really nice few hours spent letting timelessness take hold. Stopped at the Ranger station to visit a friend but she Xferred to Batsto. Bummer. I'll see her soon I am sure.
Stopped at the Chew Cemetary on the way home. It's been quite a few years and I wanted to freshen up on some names & dates. It is well kept & picturesque. Talked to a local fellow next door to it for a bit exchanging stories. That's all.
A good way to blow a part of a day. Hope some others did too.

G.

Oct 25, 2006
Nice day to be in the barrens, great that you had a quiet peaceful day, we all need that once in a while.