Realm of the Piney Warden

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
My homage to the cranberry growers of the Pinelands. and specifically to the member of this forum. The best blueberries in the world. Shot near the Roberts Branch.
2019-05-15_cranberry_ra.jpg

Last edited:

Pan

Explorer
Jul 4, 2011
Arizona
Beautiful photo - HDR right? - but I don't know about homaging the PB cranbury growers. One of them came by in his biplane and strafed me with weed killer or bug spray almost fifty years ago! How many guys do you know who are alive today who have been strafed by a biplane?

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
Thanks Pan. It is not an HDR photo, just some routine dodging and burning in Lightroom. This particular shot is across the stream, and bog, from a prominent cranberry farmer's (and Forest Fire Service warden) farm. His family dates back to 1829 in the pines. He grows the best cranberries and blueberries in the state. The current and historic cranberry bogs define the character of the Pinelands. It is hard to imagine how boring the woods would be without them.

I'm glad you survived your "North By Northwest" incident!

Reactions: Pan

Pan

Explorer
Jul 4, 2011
Arizona
"I'm glad you survived your "North By Northwest" incident! "

That was about the size of it, except my attacking enemy aircraft didn't blow up. But that was the last time I ever went down there without my 40mm anti-aircraft gun.

Last edited: