Reuben Corlis

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I was looking over a deed I have and Reubin C. Corlis owned property either on or in the far back of the Boy Scout property off of Stephenson Road.

Around about here.

So we paid a visit to Reuben today at Reevestown.

Deed.jpg

A Faithful Man At Rest

DSC_1290a.jpg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Years ago I worked with a "Corlis" he also worked on weekends at Mick's maintaining the vans and was a long time family friend of the Mick's
About 10 years ago I somehow started an email conversation with a woman who was related to the Corlis family. Eventually she invited me to her home to meet them. They brought all kinds of photos and allowed me to scan them up with the portable scanner I have. I have old photos of Etta Corlis and Tom Mick, a bunch of younger children who eventually married a Corlis, photos of Gideon Corlis, Horace Corlis in a military uniform, etc, etc, etc. Even old photos at Sim Place and elsewhere. Here is one of the hunting photos but I somehow cut off the text at the bottom so I don't know what it says. You can just see a portion of the text at the bottom.

It looks like lunch on a PBX hike. :D

c.jpg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Here is another one. This was at the home of Tom Mick. The info says "these are photos of the hunters who stayed at Tom Mick's house."

View full size. I am trying to figure out why it says "Take a good look."

img252a.jpg

Reactions: Jon Holcombe

Pinesbucks

Explorer
Apr 15, 2013
I agree with Redneck that the reference is to one deer is a doe and another is headless. During 6 day firearm no does were allowed.

Bob I did see that post. Very interesting I hope they do not breed as feral hogs are a real mess. My dad talked about seeing pigs over by the bombing range decades ago but don't think they ever took hold.

1Jerseydevil

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
I've noticed that in most if not all old photos anywhere. I fit right in. Take note that today for face recognition such as passport, driver license, etc. it's required not to smile.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Regarding photos and faces, one thing I think is outdated on this site, is that I've never even seen most of you, and I don't even know your real names. Kind of takes away from the community feel.

Reactions: Broke Jeep Joe

Broke Jeep Joe

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Waterford Twp
Several double guns in those photos. I still rabbit hunt with 100+ yr old 16 ga. Baker Batavia Special and a 12 ga. LC Smith Field Grade.
Not to get too off topic, I use a Savage/Stevens hammerless double for small game. Once in a great while I will use my H&R single with hammer my grandfather gave me. Ordered it from Sears-Roebuck!

Reactions: RednekF350