Richard Jones of Hanover Furnace

Tom

Explorer
Feb 10, 2004
I tracked down a cousin of mine that lives in Ithica, NY and he happened to have a tin-type of Richard Jones and a water color of the manor house on the lake at Hanover Furnace. I have posted copies of them in my album (grandchildren of Richard Jones) for anyone who may be interested. They are not the best quality.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Thats interesting. Everything comes to an end I suppose. But still, the lake would be better off with the manor house and its inhabitants than the guns of Dix.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Very nice Tom. Thanks for posting them.

Guy

Tom

Explorer
Feb 10, 2004
It took me three years of searching to locate this. I would imagine that there is more stuff out there, as this is only one descendant. Apparently there was a painting of Benjamin Jones that went to Vetnor, Isle of Wight with his grand-daughter Alice (Jones) Williams, but it got destroyed in a bombing during WWII.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It was a good find. What did your relative say when you found him? Did they seem interested in what you had to say or tell?

Guy

Tom

Explorer
Feb 10, 2004
He had much of the same information that I have collected. He didn't know anything about the Florence Iron Works, though. And, he told me that Richard also had a coal trading business in Philadelphia and New York.

He is going to try and get a better photo of Richards picture for me.