ringed necked pheasant

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Saw a beautiful ring necked pheasant yesterday in the woods. Today i saw what might have been a dead black coyote on route 70. It was a bit too gory to slow down for a closer look with my wife and son in the car.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I like seeing pheasant to Jeff. Saw them a lot in the 60's on this road my stepfather used to take to Fort Dix. When you got to the very end of New Lisbon Road going north, and taking the right fork in New Lisbon, there used to be a public shortcut after you cross Pemberton-Browns Mill Road that would take you to Fort Dix. It was common to see them along that road.

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
Woodjin, I saw a black coyote off of Rt 539 by Webbs Mills. There is a road on your right as soon as you pass the Mill branch heading south. I saw it along that road. Someone dumped two garbage bags of torpedo rolls. One pile was right along Rt 539 and the second pile was farther in the woods. It was feeding on the bread. I saw the coyote by the "v" in the road that is pictured to the right of the red marker.

http://maps.njpinebarrens.com/index...517074&lng=-74.39276218414306&z=15&type=h&gpx=

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
I like seeing pheasant to Jeff. Saw them a lot in the 60's on this road my stepfather used to take to Fort Dix. When you got to the very end of New Lisbon Road going north, and taking the right fork in New Lisbon, there used to be a public shortcut after you cross Pemberton-Browns Mill Road that would take you to Fort Dix. It was common to see them along that road.
Springfield Rd. runs by The Pinelands Comm. and across PBM Rd. there is now a gate that was put up when they started cleaning up the Ft. Dix dump. My buddy grew up in the house built by Benjamin Jones on the Ft. Dix side of the road and there was a nice Motocross track in the woods back there. I believe there was an old schoolhouse along the road in the old days.

PINEY MIKE

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
Bamber Lake
My dog loves seeing pheasant as well :D

DSCN3219.jpg

DSCN3232.jpg

Reactions: dogg57

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
We can still dream. I still use an old Model B Savage side by side, which I have to borrow from pops. Handsome four legged fellow you have sitting there.;)