Ruins

I was in Mexico a couple of weeks ago to help celebrate a friends 50th birthday.
Some of us took a tour to visit the Mayan ruins of Chichen Itza. What an amazing place.
128982182-L.jpg

Could you imagine finding ruins like this in the Pines?

Go here to view more: http://behr655.smugmug.com/gallery/2459054#P-1-15

Steve

Sue Gremlin

Piney
Sep 13, 2005
Vicksburg, Michigan
My bad, I looked at the rest of the gallery. I see you can still get on the ruins, what a surprise. They look none the worse for wear though.

Thanks for providing me with a tropical moment! :)

Nice photo. Do they keep people off the ruins now? I hope so, you used to be able to climb the temple.

Did you get to Tulum while you were there?

There were only a couple of ruins that you could climb on. The "Castle" (main pyramid) was under repairs and this was the first year you could not climb it. I probably would not have anyway. Man those steps were steep. And so many of them!

We were staying only about 1/2 hour from Tulum but I did not make it there. After the Chichen Itza and snorkel tours relaxation mode kicked in. :D

Steve

I love that place. Where'd you stay? We've been down there twice, once at the Secrets Capri, and once at the El Dorado.

We stayed at Sunscapes in Puerto Aventura. A very nice all inclusive about 1/2 hour south of Playa del Carmen. Our hotel was right on the beach and the back of it looked over the marina. When we went on some of the tours we saw some of the other resorts. They looked a lot nicer than ours but when we asked about them we were told that many of them required a shuttle to the beach. Us, down the steps, pass the pools, on the beach!

Steve

Oct 25, 2006
I was in Mexico a couple of weeks ago to help celebrate a friends 50th birthday.
Some of us took a tour to visit the Mayan ruins of Chichen Itza. What an amazing place.
128982182-L.jpg

Could you imagine finding ruins like this in the Pines?

Go here to view more: http://behr655.smugmug.com/gallery/2459054#P-1-15

Steve
It would be great to have a ruin line this in the pines,most people would respect it,unfornately,the vandals would be selling pieces of it on ebay,the graffitti artists would urbanize it,and the paintballers would think they have died and went to heaven,multi-level paintball games.