Sad News

B

bach2yoga

This was reported in the July 2003 Chatsworth Chat.

It is with the saddest heart that we must pass on the following news:

Please join us in remembering a great icon of the entertainment community. The Pillsbury Doughboy died yesterday of a yeast infection and complications from repeated okes in the belly. He was 71. Doughboy was buried in a lightly greased coffn. Dozens of celebrities turned out to pay their respects including Mrs. Butterworth, Hungry Jack, the California Raisins, Betty Crocker, the Hostess Twinkies and Captain Crunch. The gravesite was piled high with flours. Aunt Jemima delivered the eulogy and lovingly described Doughboy as a man who never knew how much he was kneaded.

Doughboy rose quickly in show business but his later life was filled with turnovers. He was not considered a very smart cookie wasting much of his dough on half-baked schemes. Despite being a little flaky at times he still, as a crusty old man, was considered a roll model for millions.

Doughboy is survived by his wife, Play Dough, two children, John Dough, and Jane Dough plus they had one in the oven. He is also survived by his elderly father Pop Tart.

The funeral was held at 3:50 for 20 minutes.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
He must have made a ton of dough in his lifetime!

Guy

B

bach2yoga

:grin:

thought I'd get a rise out of that one! ha!

BTW--did you see yesterday's AC Press--front page had an article about Marilyn and Buzby's. Marilyn showed it to me today--wish I'd known, I'd have liked a copy. The front page is available online, but the entire article isn't on the front page.

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/images/wednesday.PDF

Renee

B

bach2yoga

TeeGate said:

Hey--how'd you access that?
Marilyn showed me the safe, it's had three holes drilled in it so far and a sort of a laproscopy done, and they still can't get it open!
She also showed me the next book she is working on, about Towns in the Pines, Lost but not Forgotten. She's trying to include lesser known towns and such, things like Mary Ann and Chicken Bones etc.
Renee

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
bach2yoga said:
Hey--how'd you access that?
Marilyn showed me the safe, it's had three holes drilled in it so far and a sort of a laproscopy done, and they still can't get it open!
She also showed me the next book she is working on, about Towns in the Pines, Lost but not Forgotten. She's trying to include lesser known towns and such, things like Mary Ann and Chicken Bones etc.
Renee

All of the newspapers work the same way in that they never delete the articles from the site, they just move them from the "Front" page. So whenever you want to find a less than one week old or so article, just do a search using keywords. I used Buzby and up it came.

Another trick that I have found to be easier on Macs than Windows computers is to view the source code on the webpage and there are sometimes links to the new site. I don't believe IE for Windows has that feature but I may be wrong. All Mac web browsers that I know of do. Need I say more on the Mac Windows subject!

Guy

B

bach2yoga

but when I do that it takes me to a link that makes me login and requires me to have a subscription...