sand myrtle

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
To me, sand myrtle is one of those plants that seperates and defines the pine barrens from areas north and west. I don't think I ever saw sand myrtle growing up in monmouth county. Here was a nice one I saw today. Sorry for the bad photo.

watermark.php

Jeff

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I think I am getting too close to them or moving. There is a learning curve I have to conquer.
Guy

A suggestion; try to find a small, lightweight tripod. K-mart and Wal-mart carry them. They are inexpensive, collapse for easy carrying and should help with any problems caused by movement, especially when the light is tough.

If part of your picture is sharp and the rest not so, you might want to stop down the aperture a bit if your camera allows you to. The higher the aperture number, the more depth of field you'll have. Something around f11-16 should work well for blossoms. Hope this helps a bit.

Have you seen any lady-slippers in your travels?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
A suggestion; try to find a small, lightweight tripod. K-mart and Wal-mart carry them. They are inexpensive, collapse for easy carrying and should help with any problems caused by movement, especially when the light is tough.

If part of your picture is sharp and the rest not so, you might want to stop down the aperture a bit if your camera allows you to. The higher the aperture number, the more depth of field you'll have. Something around f11-16 should work well for blossoms. Hope this helps a bit.

Have you seen any lady-slippers in your travels?

My mother-in-law gave me a mini tripod for Christmas a few years back. I will have to dig it out and carry in my pac. I will play more with the aperture and see how that works. I'll practice around here today.

I have not viewed any yet; however, I will PM you with the location of one I found a few years back. There may be others in the area. I have not had a chance to get there yet but will soon.

Thanks for the tips. I sure can use them.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002

I played with the camera, and read the manual, and I only seem to be able to go from 2.8 to 8.0.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I would say your not getting close enough... but that is me, lol. Although I can't afford a 1k macro lens either...

I guess the challenge is to do as best you can with what you have. That makes one work for good photo's.

Guy