'Serpent-Handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
First off there is no such thing as a "poisonous" rattlesnake.A little peeve of mine.Second off I think he left out the verse about not tempting the Lord they God.Thirdly NEVER speak in tongues around a rattler.They get the Holy Ghost and try to Slay in the Spirit everyone they get near.Now we have just perpetuated two myths.One that rattlesnakes are mean bastards and two that Christians are idiots.I do believe the scripture about handling snakes and not being hurt referred to (was it Peter or Paul,I forget)They were gathering wood and a venemous snake was in the wood and bit the wood gatherer.he shook the snake off in the fire as was unharmed.Was it a miracle from God or a dry bite?We will never know.Doesn't matter,prophecy was fulfilled and may be fulfilled again in the case of accidental bites to Christians who take it by faith they will be okay but to handle a snake irresponsibly I believe voids your "get out of envenomation free" card.
snakes 2,retards 0.

Reactions: DeepXplor

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Afterthought, Why is it no news reporters ever show up to report on a revival or everyday church services?They never report on churches giving food to the poor or giving houses to families with no place to live and I know churches right around here that do this. And of course we never here of the salvation message in our overwhelmingly secular newspapers unless it is a specific add paid for by a church put somewhere in the back of the paper. But the first time some idiot goes out and dances with Crotalus horridus (More Latin!) and is sent to the Lord before his time the news media jumps all over it so they can show the world how stupid Christians are and also demonize snakes in the process,I know,snakes bad rap started with the Bible anyway but people never go beyond Genesis 3.later in the prophecies of the 1000 year Millenial kingdom reference is made to children holding Asps (venemous) and playing on a Cockatrice den (an adder,also venemous)So if there is a place in the future kingdom for snakes they must not be cursed for all time.I wonder if they will get their legs back? Thats what i like about em is the way they slither,legs will definitely screw that up :-( Nice to know there will always be snakes though.

Reactions: DeepXplor

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Thats always a good idea geezer.As friendly as snakes can be I have never known one to enjoy being stepped on.I personally would love to know a way to avoid stepping on yellowjacket nests.Even when you know where the little bass turds are you still can never seem to pinpoint the exact nest entrance till it's too late.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
They were a huge problem in upstate NY. I ran my push mower over a nest once and probably got 30 bites on my legs. That was the last time I cut the grass while wearing shorts. I also learned to do a walk-around and note any nests before I started mowing.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Religion is mans attempt to work his way into favor with God/gods.I don't believe that can be done.
Also lets not bust on religion alone,I think the guy that got bit at Oswego Lake was drunk.Lets take a few swings at good ole Alcohol! Then again for some Beer is their religion.