Severe Thunderstorm Watch

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
This was only for Pennsylvania before, but now it seems headed our way. 50 mph winds and pea-size hail? :confused:

storms.png

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ
541 PM EDT FRI OCT 9 2015

NJZ013-015-017>020-022-027-PAZ070-071-104-106-092230-
OCEAN-ATLANTIC-WESTERN MONMOUTH-MERCER-GLOUCESTER-CAMDEN-SOUTHEASTERN
BURLINGTON-NORTHWESTERN BURLINGTON-PHILADELPHIA-EASTERN
MONTGOMERY-LOWER BUCKS-DELAWARE-
541 PM EDT FRI OCT 9 2015

...STRONG THUNDERSTORMS AFFECT THE REGION...

AT 539 PM EDT...AN AREA OF STRONG THUNDERSTORMS WAS OVER CHERRY HILL
MALL...OR NEAR CAMDEN...MOVING EAST AT 35 MPH.

WIND GUSTS UP TO 50 MPH AND PEA SIZE HAIL ARE POSSIBLE WITH THESE
STORMS AS WELL AS VERY HEAVY RAINFALL.

LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...
PHILADELPHIA...CAMDEN...GLOUCESTER CITY...CHERRY HILL...BENSALEM...
EVESHAM...MOUNT LAUREL...WILLINGBORO...DEPTFORD...VOORHEES...
MEDFORD...WEST DEPTFORD...LINDENWOLD...HAMMONTON...LUMBERTON...
FLORENCE...BELLMAWR...WOODBURY...BURLINGTON AND BRISTOL.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
We had a slight rumble and a few flashes. My wife was in a business close by and the TVs went off.

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
I beat the storms home. Got dinner on the grill just before the gust front came through and the pork chops came off as the rain came in. The storms were collapsing as they were coming through. We had a few rumbles of thunder and not much rain. I'm looking forward to the cooler temperatures, it my favorite time of year.;)

Reactions: 46er

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I beat the storms home. Got dinner on the grill just before the gust front came through and the pork chops came off as the rain came in. The storms were collapsing as they were coming through. We had a few rumbles of thunder and not much rain. I'm looking forward to the cooler temperatures, it my favorite time of year.;)

What do you put on those chops? I love pork chops but once in a while they have boar taint. Ever here of that? When I complain to the guy at the meat counter they say they never heard of it.

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
What do you put on those chops? I love pork chops but once in a while they have boar taint. Ever here of that? When I complain to the guy at the meat counter they say they never heard of it.
Oh boy, that's a tough question. It changes all the time. Today we made a rub of onion powder, garlic powder salt and pepper with a little sugar and chipotle. Cooked it over a very hot grill to get it about medium well with a nice crust. I've never noticed a gamey flavor but I'm sure it's possible especially depending on the cut. These chops, as do most of our meats, came from Bringhurst.