sewell r/p club

kingofthepines

Explorer
Sep 10, 2003
the final outpost
anyone know if the rifle ranges are still active? I haven't been back there in about 3 years and the last time the road to the club was gated.

22P1000566.JPG

22P1000565.JPG

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?T=1&S=11&Z=18&X=1313&Y=10996&W=1

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
I havn't been back there in a while. I know it has been less than 3 years I think. Maybe two years and I was under the impression they were active. I think the gate was closed.

Jeff

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
There is quite large parcels of land in that area that is private. It is from the Fruitland era. I guess Wharton was not able to buy it all up before some of the lots were sold. The state has acquired some of them in more recent years.

Guy

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I just got off the phone with the tax collector.
The land is still owned by the Sewell Rifle and Pistol Club and their taxes are paid to date.
The property is Block 41 Lots 5&6, Shamong Township.
Scott

rmsnj

May 14, 2007
hey guys,
I'm new to the site, and I realize this is an older thread, but I was wondering if anyone ever figured out the current status of the sewell R/P club. I remember shooting there when I was younger (mid 90s) and I loved the location, and now that I've gotten into shooting I was hoping to find out more about it. I remember driving down quakerbridge road with my family and loving every minute of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ryan

Great forum by the way, some of the best discussions I've ever come across

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I was there about a month ago and posted a photo of the gate.

main.php

It appears to be still in use.

guy

rmsnj

May 14, 2007
i drove down there last weekend and it looked the same (looks used), but I can't find anything on the net about the club. Figured I'd google the name, but nada, not even on shooting forums. I was wondering if maybe the atsion area office down at 206 and quakerbridge might know anything. Thanks for the help.

Ryan

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Someone in that area was shooting away today. I was across the Mullica in the fire area and it sounded like practice at Ft Dix. Anyone else in that area early this morning and hear it?

Guy

slewgundy

Dec 12, 2010
sewell R/P member

Our club is small but active. You can't be sure if a member will be shooting so it's best not to trespass onto the property. Thank you for the interest.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Our club is small but active. You can't be sure if a member will be shooting so it's best not to trespass onto the property. Thank you for the interest.

Welcome! We always have questions for property owners in the pines so here are two quick ones.

What can you tell us about the history of the property?

Do you have any older members who may know about the Lower Forge Gun Club that was in the Quaker Bridge area at least in the early 60s.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Duh, remember my thread a couple months ago about shooting near the Mullica?
Tsk, tsk....I feel such a fool now.

I did not know you were in that area. I thought you were further downstream.

Guy