Shooting Star?

MuckSavage

Explorer
Apr 1, 2005
Turnersville
Last Saturday night, while driving thru Turnersville, my wife & I saw what we thought was a shooting star, however it seemed very low in the sky. So low, that we thought it may be a firework. We pulled over & hung out for abit, looking for another. Another never came.

This past Wednesday night, while driving down Atsion Rd, I saw another. This time, I didn't pull over. I continued towards home & saw another in Winslow while driving along Sicklerville Rd.

Has anyone else seen something similar recently?:confused:

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Last Saturday night, while driving thru Turnersville, my wife & I saw what we thought was a shooting star, however it seemed very low in the sky. So low, that we thought it may be a firework. We pulled over & hung out for abit, looking for another. Another never came.

This past Wednesday night, while driving down Atsion Rd, I saw another. This time, I didn't pull over. I continued towards home & saw another in Winslow while driving along Sicklerville Rd.

That is so funny that you mention that. I was headed up 206 and thought I saw a very low shooting star, then figured it must have been a firework. Is that what we are seeing meteors?

I have seen exactly what you are describing many times (I commute from Toms River to Philadelphia 5 days/week). I have always thought they were meteorites, but I may be mistaken. What I have witnessed is a streak of light going from above the treeline down to the treeline. Usually I only catch a glimpse out of the corner of my eye, and by the time I focus on it its almost gone. That about what you saw?

Woo! Glad its not just me!