Short Cruise Under a Full Moon

Kevinhooa

Explorer
Mar 12, 2008
Hammonton, NJ.
www.flickr.com
Sorry, haven't been on here in a bit. I hope everyone had a good holiday and a Happy New Year.

Been meaning to make this drive for a while now, and finally had a free night, with a full moon and great weather. Low water in the pines helped traverse the route as well. :dance: Went from Atsion, to Beaver Pond, to Quaker Bridge via the Tuckerton Rd., then out to Batsto via the West road along the Batsto River. Enjoy.

Atsion Richards Mansion

The old Schoolhouse at Atsion

CNJ trestle over the Atsion

Looking South over Beaver Pond

Looking West across the Quaker Bridge

Looking across Batsto Lake

Batsto Richards mansion

Kevinhooa

Explorer
Mar 12, 2008
Hammonton, NJ.
www.flickr.com
Thanks guys. It's been a while since I took the camera through the pines. Since the day after Irene I think. And what a huge difference! It was 26° by the time I left Batsto

Manamuskin - These are long exposures with a tripod. I believe most of these varied from 1-4 minutes with various apertures of 4.5 - 8. Very little cloud cover and no wind at all really helped here.

The last 2 full moon photoshoots did not work out as well.

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
Terrific shots, Kevin! I enjoy your flikr page as well. Some of your photographs are in daring locations, especially the open girder railroad bridge by the Reading Station. If your dont mind a technical question- What lens was used for this series of photographs?

Kevinhooa

Explorer
Mar 12, 2008
Hammonton, NJ.
www.flickr.com
Terrific shots, Kevin! I enjoy your flikr page as well. Some of your photographs are in daring locations, especially the open girder railroad bridge by Reading Station. If your dont mind a technical question- What lens was used for this series of photographs?

Not at all. I use a Sigma 18-50 1:2.8-4.5 Lens.

Kevin...that "Looking South over Beaver Pond" immediately brought deep silence to mind. Was it quiet there?

Very quiet. I find myself stopping at this location a lot on my way through the pines, mostly at night. Unless someone is hauling and hot rodding on the main road of course!

Thanks again guys.