Shower at the Ready

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I put this in last year and put it away for the winter. Here we are again, up and ready. I love this thing. I get home from the field and hop right in, no fuss, no muss. The tube leads to the woods. Solar power does the warmth. The tube is perpetually filled with water. I wanted a little more heat this year, so bought this garden hose to soak up more sun...it runs as supply for the tube/shower.

shower.PNG

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Since I am sure he showers naked I hope it is his back yard. The roosters will really be crowing! :D

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
How much did that cost?

If you count the shower, the hot water heater pan, the hose, and a large rubber mat I stick in there to be above the water and maintain a non-slip surface, along with those pavers you see....it comes to about $250. The rest I had around the property.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
That is interesting. If I had a fairly hidden back yard like you I would certainly consider that. When I come home I sit on the front step until Jessica is finished with her shower. I could eliminate having to do that.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
That is interesting. If I had a fairly hidden back yard like you I would certainly consider that. When I come home I sit on the front step until Jessica is finished with her shower. I could eliminate having to do that.

Guy, my neighbors could see me clearly if it were not for the leaves in the summer. But I don't shower naked unless it's very dark night. I have a pair of thin, loose polyester swim trunks. It works like a charm.