S'more 'Shrooms

glowordz

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
SC
www.gloriarepp.com
A few additions to the Forum collection.

impaled
01_impaled.jpg

gilded
02_gilded.jpg

crater'd
03_crater_d.jpg

profiled
04_profiled.jpg

askeered
05_askeered.jpg

tripled
06_tripled.jpg

The following were taken on the far perimeter of a Friendship bog. I KNEW where I was going and which bog it was but I'm not sure my GPS did. At one point it insisted that I was standing with my toes in the Atlantic Ocean. Perhaps it was disoriented--with dusk falling and all--and I should make allowances, but after that, I must admit our relationship deteriorated rapidly. We may need counseling.

hatted
1_hatted.jpg

bewigged
2_bewigged.jpg

cool-capped
3_cool-capped.jpg

moussed
4_moussed.jpg

embroidered
5_embroidered.jpg

feathered
6_feathered.jpg

stored . . . This one was lodged high in the branches of a bush, perhaps squirreled away for a midnight snack.
7_stored.jpg

besieged
8_besieged.jpg

lavished
9_lavished.jpg

gone
10_gone.jpg

I was intrigued by the variety of colors and shapes--so individual, so beautiful, and so transitory.

Glo

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
Glo, Very nice pics, the one called profiled looks like someone lost an ear. Was the askeered naming in honor of a missing man? Did you make it out to Mt. Misery?

glowordz

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
SC
www.gloriarepp.com
Glo, Very nice pics, the one called profiled looks like someone lost an ear. Was the askeered naming in honor of a missing man? Did you make it out to Mt. Misery?

Mt. Misery vicinity--and Lebanon State Forest--is on my list, but I haven't been over there yet. Can't seem to get enough of the Wharton rivers and bogs! This is area has such wonderful variety . . . guess I'll have to come back. :)

Glo