Snake in my car!

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Came home this morning after an errand and a drive on some back roads, shut the car off and looked on the passenger seat to find.... a small green snake! :eek: He looked out the door when I opened it but wouldn't go out on his own. Finally had to grab him and toss him out onto the grass. I don't like snakes and did not enjoy that! :D

I see lots of these out in the woods on my property, very thin and bright green. They look a lot like the greenbriar vines that are so prevalent around here and just vanish into the foliage out in the woods unless you happen to see one in the trail.

Absolutely no idea how he got into the car or how long he was there. I don't leave my car doors or windows open at home anymore because too many bugs get inside. All I can think of is that the hatchback was open for a little while on Friday when I had a lot of things to unload after a shopping trip.

IMG_9966.jpg

IMG_9967.jpg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
A rough green snake. They are harmless but they do struggle quite a bit when handling.

Reactions: Boyd

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Was thinking about this some more and it doesn't seem likely he was in the car since last Friday. I brought the empty garbage can back to the house yesterday in the car, am thinking was inside, came out and hid in the car while I drove back to the house.

Reactions: dragoncjo

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Was thinking about this some more and it doesn't seem likely he was in the car since last Friday. I brought the empty garbage can back to the house yesterday in the car, am thinking was inside, came out and hid in the car while I drove back to the house.
Sounds more like what happened.

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
I would have been freaking-out and reluctant to even consider re-entering the vehicle. When it comes to smalls things like snakes, rodents, etc I get easily freaked. I would have rather had something much larger in there.

• Wow
Reactions: Boyd