Some more random 2010 stuff . . .

Bobbleton

Explorer
Mar 12, 2004
NJ
I've somehow taken FAR less pictures this year than usual, but have very little concept of what's already been posted and what hasn't - sorry if any of these are repeats.

Redbelly from the pines
_MG_9351-2-1.jpg

Killdeer and nest
_MG_9498sm.jpg

Carpenter
_MG_9611.jpg

Leopard
_MG_9603.jpg

Northern Gray
_MG_9329-1.jpg

and by popular demand . . .
_MG_9681-2.jpg

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
It's a scarlet king snake isn't it? At first I was thinking coral since I know you spent some time in Florida. Looks kind of like a milk snake also. Where did you photograph this, nj?

Bobbleton

Explorer
Mar 12, 2004
NJ
Thanks, guys!

Jeff is right on the money - its a scarlet snake. Found in the pines . . . they're around, just super hard to come by. I've seen them in FL too, but posting them here would be cheating.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Thanks, guys!

Jeff is right on the money - its a scarlet snake. Found in the pines . . . they're around, just super hard to come by. I've seen them in FL too, but posting them here would be cheating.

Wow, I was looking at those online and the colors are all over the place. While surfing I found this interesting info regarding the coral snake:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/health/snakebites-about-to-get-more-deadly

"Red on yellow, kill a fellow, Red on black, freind of Jack". I'd never remember that if I came across one.

cranbrake

Scout
Jun 3, 2009
nice coastal! ;).......hey couldn't you have at least brushed the sand off that virgatipes' nose before hassling him for a pic?

would you believe i still have never taken the time to get a pic of one of those?
like the gray tree frog shot too.