Some pics

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
Its been a real long time since any of the herpers have posted pics, so I figured I'd throw some out there,
Female spot in situ
IMG_0635.jpg

Pine barrens treefrog,
IMG_0756.jpg

Carpenter frog,
IMG_0806.jpg

Copes tree frog,
IMG_0617.jpg

Tiger salamanders,
IMG_9864.jpg

IMG_9869.jpg

IMG_9904.jpg

I'm working on a project with the state, so in the coming months I should have plenty of pine snake, corns, and timbers pictures(keeping my fingers crossed on the last two)

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Chris,
did you find that tiger on the trip after I went home?
i'M GOING OUT NEAR WHERE THE PBTF'S WERE i SHOWED YOU TO CHECK THE OTHER POND I WAS TALKING ABOUT TONIGHT TO SEE IF THEIR THERE ALSO AND i WILL RECHECK WHERE I SENT YOU TO SEE IF I HEAR THAT COPES AGAIN.tHE MORE ammo for the biologists the better.Sorry about the caps.as you can tell I'm a two finger typist who must look at the keyboard as he types.fastest two finger typist in nj though:)
Al

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
Chris,
As you can tell I'm a two finger typist who must look at the keyboard as he types.fastest two finger typist in nj though:)
Al

'muskin,

Hmmm, after checking out your picture with your posts (avatar), I'd definitely call you the fastest, muddiest two-finger typist in NJ. :) Meanwhile, I think Gabe and you should have a two-finger type-off, to see who's champ.

Nice herp photos, Chris! I'm joining Al tonight and will try to get a better, longer recording of the bog systems and will try to track down a few frogs willing to pose for some portraits.
It's not always easy, though. A frog can be peeping (or wonking, ribiting, etc.) two feet from my nose and it's still hard to pick them out, especially at night.

'poorbill

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I'm down padddler.How would we do this?Points off for misspellings and any errors?I just got a new computer with wireless mouse and keyboard and the keyboard has all these extra buttons for controlling the tv and dvd players so everything is super crowded so i often hit two buttons at a time.Even my wife an expert 10 finger typist hits too many buttons on it.
I'd love to learn to type the right way but old pineys have a hard time learning new tricks.I'm fixing on joining an online college from oregon and pursuing a degree in natural resources with a fish & wildlife minor and typing with all fingers would be a definite advantage.I don't have another 20 years in me at the job I'm doing and I've always wanted to do this anyway but raising younguns and workin and school woulda been too much for me.Youngus is raised so now I'm ready and ecampus has made it possible for me since the constant shift changes where I work would make regular schooling untenable.
You better challenge me now because by the time I'm a grad I'll be not os lean but mean typing machine!
Al

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Always love the turtle photo's! Keep them coming.

Guy

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
Al, those tigers are from the winter found two one day, and another a few weeks later. Al, you didn't miss much, we saw little after you left.....they saw some pbtf's at night but I wasn't with them.

Bill you recordings are awesome I still can't believe pine barrens treefrogs are at that spot.....not very acidic at all. Keep on recording and I will keep on listening.....good luck guys.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I'd love to learn to type the right way but old pineys have a hard time learning new tricks.l

Say it ain't so Al, say it ain't so! I learned at Ocean County College just 10 years ago at 44 years old. It is easy to do, it just takes a lot of practice while you are taking the course, which is just repetitive stuff. It was the best thing I have ever done for myself. Its funny that now I can tell when I miss a key even when I close my eyes and type. Your fingers have a memory.

Its important to do this in a classroom setting. It demands that kind of discipline.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I think it's a mental block on my part Bob.I can close my eyes and imagine where any letter is on the keyboard.I think knowing where their at isn't the problem.it's getting all 10 finger engaged is the problem.My middle fingers want all the action.They don't get enough during road rage incidents i guess:)
Al

jburd641

Explorer
Jan 16, 2008
Port Charlotte, Fl.
Al, I hear ya about using the middle fingers. Gotta love NJ!

I used to be an amazingly fast two finger guy and then my keyboard crapped out on me. I went from a natural keyboard that I had for about 7 years to a regular one and you talk about hitting two keys at once. Felt like I was typing on a toy.
Good luck with the schooling. I'll be moving to Florida within the month and then starting schooling myself. Should be fun to be the old man in class.

Jay