Something odd between Aserdaten and Forked River Mountain

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Am working on a new map that fuses NJ 2012 aerials with LIDAR imagery and just noticed this. Possible alien saucer landing site?...

Look at the regular aerial orthophoto... nothing to see here.

aserdaten_photo.jpg

Now look closely at the middle of the LIDAR enhanced image....

aserdaten_lidar.jpg

Here's an extreme closeup. In addition to the "Mother Ship", I see a smaller, faint circular image overlapping at the bottom right and crossing the road.

saucer_lidar.jpg

You can hardly see anything on the plain aerial photo.

saucer_photo.jpg

Did aliens once roam the Forked River Mountains? Or was it just some kind of surface mining operation? What do you think? :)

Last edited:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
There is also a chance it was dug to allow water to run off the road so that primitive human vehicles can travel on the surface of the earth. If they learn to fly they would disrupt intergalactic travel so it is best to try and keep them moving along.

Reactions: manumuskin

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It was made between 1940 and 1956 so I still say it was part of the bombing tests going on in that area. Right up the road towards Aserdaten was the main area that Lost Town Hunter visited years ago where much of the practice occurred.

Reactions: Boyd

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
It was made between 1940 and 1956

Did not look closely at your Historical Aerials screenshot before. It is definitely the area you have circled on the right-hand side of that image. Good find! :)

But I still like my flying saucer theory better…. maybe the military covered it up by staging "bombing practice". :siren:

Reactions: dogg57

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Aserdaten is the new Roswell.

We have actually discussed this location before.

Reactions: Boyd