Speedwell to Bodine

Lorun

Explorer
Apr 10, 2004
Woolwich
I am planning to paddle from Speedwell to the Bodine campground with my brother. Than camp out at the campsite with some other family that does not want to paddle.

The rental places state that this trip takes 71/2 hours. Does this sound correct? I believe that they sometimes overstate the time by as much as an hour for some trips.

Also, does anyone suggest if Kayaks or a canoe would be better for the trip? I am leaning towards taking kayaks.

Also, if anyone wants me to investigate anything along the trip, let me know.

Thanks

Oct 25, 2006
Definitely kayaks for the first leg from Speedwell to Hawkins Bridge. I can see 7.5 hours if the water is low. That first section up to Hawkins is slow going.

Steve

Steve

I was in the Wharton and Bass River Forests areas today ,went down to the Beaver Run pickup area, there was a Mick's truck waiting for a pickup, how longer in time is it from Bodine Field to Beaver Run where the stop sign is ?

Found out the prices from the Mick's man for 1 canoe rental- $47.00, if you want them to transfer your own canoe it's $20.00. I'll have to get my 17" foot orange coleman back off from my sister as me and two friends are planning a September trip.

Oct 25, 2006
Thanks Steve.

:siren: Anyone planning to camp at the Hawkins Bridge Campsite,the gypsy moths were on a rampage there today, that was the only campsite that was empty today of the many we went by, other campsites were half full or better, no problem with moths at all.